Full Availability Project
The Full Availability Project is an attemp to obtain a complete and robust set of test data for every problem in the Live Archive. Any Live Archive user can collaborate with us in this effort to improve this unique online judge.
The basic idea is to create several valid input files and get the corresponding outputs using the user's submissions. One of the following strategies can be followed:
- A user creates a complete input and its corresponding output. We upload them to the Live Archive and monitor the first submissions coming for that problem.
- A user creates a simple input and its corresponding output, together with a complete input with no output, for an unavailable problem. We upload the simple datasets to the Live Archive and wait for some submissions to be sent. When the number of AC submissions is over 5, we use those solutions to get the correct output for the complete input. We upload the complete input and output to the Live Archive and rejudge all submissions.
- A user creates a complete input with no output. We upload the input together with an spureous output to the Live Archive and wait for the users to send their solutions. Of course, users know that the output is spureous and that they will never get AC. When the number of different user submissions is over 5, we use them to get the correct output for the complete input. We upload the complete input and output to the Live Archive and rejudge all submissions.
The status of these new available problems can be:
- Blind: The input file at the judge is a correct data set for the problem but the output file is not. Any user submitting a solution will receive a WA verdict even if his code is correct.
- Simple: The input and output files are a correct data set, but it's not exhaustive enough to determine whether an AC solution is actually correct.
- Checking: A complete input and output are in the judge. The problem remains in this list until the moment we are (almost) sure that the input and output are really adecuate to the judge parameters.
- Finished: A complete input and output are in the judge. The number of submissions is high enough to ensure the correctness of the datasets.
We are asking you to collaborate at three different levels:
- Submitting as soon as possible a solution to any of the problems handled in the project.
- Sending us a valid simple input and output for a problem which not yet available.
- Sending us a valid complete input for a problem which not yet available.
Click on "Current Status" in the left menu to see the current status of the project. Use the Contact Us form for more details on the Full Availability Project.